Last modification: 11/06/2020
This section aims to explain the life cycle of your data:
The way we use the information you provide us & the information we collect through your use of the app
- The transfer of your data to third parties
- Your rights to access, correct or delete your data
Bim reveals everyday the most beautiful photos and videos lost in your smartphone. Protecting your privacy is part of Bim's DNA, especially when it comes to your photos and personal information. That's why we are committed to never getting your media out of your smartphone unless you want to share it with your loved ones.
Our approach is called "privacy by design". This means that when new features are created, we look for solutions not to compromise your data. For example, we make intelligent treatments on your photos. To respect your privacy, we embed our algorithms and artificial intelligence models on your phone in order to avoid that your data goes through our servers.
Information collected by Bim 👌
The ones you provide us 🙌
All our users can decide to create an account or not.
By creating an account with us, you share with us your phone number to validate your account, a username and a profile picture. The aim is to provide you a better experience with your friends inside the application.
The ones we get through your use of the app 👩💻
After downloading Bim, we collect information about your smartphone, for example its model, operating system or type of connection to offer you the most appropriate experience. We also collect information about your use of the app as the number of memories you open, share and/or delete.
Use of the information we collect 🌈
The purpose of collecting information about you is to improve your Bim experience. We can, use this information to:
- Communicate with you directly in the app and give you advice
- Check that you are the person you say you are during the login process
- Check that you are not doing illegal activities with Bim
Transfer of data to third parties 👨🔧
We may disclose information about you in the following cases:
- If you ask for or allow disclosure.
- As necessary to provide the service, including sharing information with third parties - providers - who store your photos and related information, as part of Collaborative Bims that you share with your friends.
- If we believe in good faith that we must disclose information: to protect the rights or property of our company or other users, including to prevent fraud or to enforce our agreements or policies governing your use of the service; or, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect our users, staff, or public safety
- If we sell or reorganize all or any parts of our business, we may disclose user' information to a third party who acquires all or some parts of our assets, to the extent permitted by law.
- For vendors, consultants, and other providers we believe useful to help improve the service (such as customer support, email or SMS marketing, and technical infrastructure services).
- We also share aggregated statistical information with our analytics partners, who can not identify you.
Finally, we may access, disclose and preserve your personal information, including your private content (such as the content of your challenges, when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws or respond to a legal process of competent authorities, including law enforcement agencies or other government agencies;
- Protect our customers, for example to avoid spam or those who try to commit fraud against our users, or to help prevent any case of serious injury;
- Operate and maintain the security of the service, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- Protect our rights or property, including the application of the terms and conditions governing the use of the service - however, if we receive information that someone is using the Service by violating our intellectual property or threatening our physical condition, we would not inspect the private content of a user ourselves but we would refer the matter to the police.
Rights of access, correct and delete 👑
Of course, you remain in control of your data. At any time, you can ask us to access your data in a structured way, correct or delete it.
To do so, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For age 12 and over 👴
Bim's services are for children (and older ones) who are at least 12 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 12. If we had collected personal information from a child under 12, we would delete all his/her information (account, photos,...).
We hope to have been clear enough about the protection of your privacy. Should you still have any questions, you can contact our Data Protection Officer directly at email@example.com and he will be very happy to enlighten you.